Truly random thoughts on a Saturday…
1. How many times in your life have you heard “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton? How many times have you WANTED to hear “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton? Probably not that many times…
2. I still think Senator Obama is the best of the three (Senators Clinton and the other guy both owe too many people too many favors). People say Obama is “elitist.” As Jon Stewart put it on the Daily Show (all quotes paraphrased because my memory sucks and I’m too lazy to look them up), “Okay, pick which one of the millionaire senators is from your social class.” Mr. Stewart also had a point a few days ago when he said, “What’s wrong with ‘elite’? Isn’t that a GOOD thing? I really don’t want someone like me to be president — I want the best, the smartest, the elite.”
But I still wish Governor Richardson had made it further in the process… Oh well.
C) Sometimes more Brot and less Bier might make the photos turn out a bit better. (Translation — drinking beer while tweaking photos may lead to colorful discoveries.)
4) Proof that I’m old: I just discovered lolcats a few days ago. Proof that I’m immature: I can’t quit looking at them.
V) Tastes may change with age, but I still hate peas.
6) This is funny, and I wish I’d thought of it myself. (I found it HERE.)
7) After all these years, the bass player on Paul Simon’s “Graceland” album still amazes me. Next time you hear one of those songs, listen for the bass…
Oh, and Victor Wooten is a god. Proof of that can be seen in the video below. The man does things with a bass guitar that are borderline impossible. I swear he changes the laws of physics to suit his whims…
8) I ran out of ink in my printer today, and that made me feel like a failure. Why do I take those things personally? “Gaaah! If only I’d kept better track of the ink levels I wouldn’t have run out! I’m a failure! I suck!”
9) See the video below for some rather inappropriate gambling humor.
X) It’s a warm 60+ degree Saturday and I’m stuck doing computer work all day. Sucks. Ah well. Beats being homeless, I guess.
Think for a sec, if you were homeless, you’d be outside in the nice warm 60+ weather…..
You are not a failure. In any sense of the word. Don’t ever say that again lest you wish to be beaten with a Brot. *said in the kindest voice*.
I’m trying to do the meme… I don’t know myself well enough … or am too embarrassed. Hmmmm.
Ya gotta point there, Father Andersen. Ya got a point.
Pix — Oh, I know, but I can’t help it. It’s the little things that get to me. Dagmar wants to print something off and I forgot to keep an eye on the ink level, THAT puts me into a tizzy of self-recrimination. I don’t know why. Ah well…
You always make me laugh. That crouching dali, hidden llama is effing golden. Also, I never did your meme and now I feel bad. Here, I’ll do it now, since it’s 3:24 in the morning and I’m still awake for some ungodly reason:
Laughing is awesome, especially at others.
Thinking of action while I nap.
And you are not a failure. Hell, if running out of ink means you’re a failure, I’m whatever is way way way way worse than a failure.
I like you.
i don’t know why i never wondered what victor wooten looked like, but when the video came up, i thought he’d be some old guy with fuzzy long hair wearing a vest and those kind of oversized brown tinted glasses. live and learn.
My college roommate took lessons from Mr. Wooten, and was quite the bassist himself. It was then I knew I had to stick with punk rock, because I would never be good at playing music.
Also, I really hate the lolcats, which is probably proof that I’m evil hearted.
My experience has been that cats are only good for two things:
Number one is still making me chuckle. Ha!
I do stupid things like run out of ink all the time (YES REALLY! I know what you’re thinking, “NOT YOU GUV!” but yes, Chris. Me!) I also went to the supermarket the other day without my wallet and forgot my phone twice on days I expressly needed it. Shoot me.
How can you just discover LOLCATS though? Where have you been? Iowa???
Lolcats never gets old…NEVER
Hey Guv… Don’t you listen to the B-52’s? He’s livin’ in his own private Iowa…
Actually just came by to hug Chris and Dagmar.
I hate peas. I hate the smell of peas too. Ugh, they make me heave.
From the Department of Stale Posts:
We regret to inform you we have cited you for stale post-having on your blog located at http://radloffthoughts.blogspot.com/. If you fail to update your weblog within the next 48 to 72 hours, I’m afraid we will have to levy a Neglect Fee of $48.00.
Thank you and have a nice day.
My dad loves “Wonderful Tonight” so I have mixed feelings about it. I hate the song, but it always makes me homesick for my corny old dad.
I hate canned peas, but don’t feel complete unless I have a bag of frozen peas available at all times in my freezer. I put them in everything.
Fresh peas are pretty awesome too, but canned peas are blicky.