What I’ve Learned in the Past Few Days:
1. I now know why there is no such thing as Pork Chop and Pepperoni Pizza. Been there, done that, not gonna do that again.
2. Blog buddy Steakbellie moved up in the rankings — he’s now ranked 18th in the WORLD by the International Federation of Competitive Eating. Hey, if you’re gonna do something, might as well be the best at it!
3. Fixing a leaky faucet really CAN take three days.
4. My wife is incredibly strong and resilient.
5. No matter where you are in life, you’re in transition.
6. There is a guy in town here who’s at least partially Irish, goes by the name of Seamus, and hates Guinness. That just ain’t right. But then again, I’m at least partially German and I hate warm potato salad, so I guess I’ll forgive him. And I’ll drink his Guinness.
7. Not much gets done when you’re watching the clock.
8. I’m not saying that I miss playing in a band, but boy do I miss playing in a band.
You know, I think this post has encouraged me..one of my goals this summer is going to be entering an eating contest..
8 – agreed. Where else is a young, angry man supposed to hone his smooth jazz chops?
Wow. I’m amazed after looking at the IFOCE website. GO STEAKBELLIE!
#5 is so true.
ONE STEAKBELLIE TO RULE THEM ALL!
And we SHARE the beer around here. Okay, no, we don’t, but at least I let him have sips.
With the new smoking ban in Iowa, the band scene may change in numerous ways. And, being in a band may be easier as a nonsmoker than it used to be.
Thanks for the good wishes. HotDog season is coming and for some reason I still want to win. Stay Tuned!
(and keep a cold one for me!)
I’m still coming to grips with #5 and #1 is not too far removed from the kielbasa and saurkraut pizza in the Polish neighborhood down the road from us.
I wish someone would pay ME to eat. I’d be good at it. Especially if it was cheese and cake. All my fantasies revolve around cheese and cake you know…
FEEL BETTER DAGMAR!
I’m still waiting for Hot Fudge Salad to make it to a menu somewhere.